• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. G

Found a TI99/4 original non A variant

What a bargain!
  2. G

Dynabook 286?

Do you know the plug polarity for the adapter? Also, do you know what the wire colors equate to voltages inside? I presume brown is ground, +5v is green, and +12V is yellow. I haven't ohmed anything out inside as of yet.
  3. G

Dynabook 286?

I know a lady that can help me out with soldering. Heh.
  4. G

Dynabook 286?

Thanks for the video... I'd never noticed it on the CC show. My first inclination is to try and fix it up. I don't have any AT-class machine at all right now, and I'm also space limited, so this would fit the bill nicely, if it works. The display would be nice, but since it has a VGA port on it...
  5. G

Dynabook 286?

I only found one reference to a press release for it, and the top of the line model (40MB hard drive with display) had a MSRP of like $5700 in 1989. Quite an expensive piece so I'm not surprised they didn't sell many. The lack of a battery would seem like it would limit it's utility for a lot of...
  6. G

Dynabook 286?

Here’s a few pics:
  7. G

Dynabook 286?

Does anyone out there have a Dynabook 286? I have recently trash picked one of these that is incomplete, and no idea if the system works or not. This is *NOT* the same thing as a Toshiba Dynabook... it was made by a company called Dynabook Technologies Corporation, and is of rather stout...
  8. G

The South Macintosh IIci $400

Macintosh IIci Everything pictured is included with the exception of the monitor. This machine has been recapped floppy drive cleaned and everything works great. Specs: 32MB RAM 1.2 GB SCSI Quantum Fireball Apple Extended Keyboard II in excellent condition, almost looks new! Apple desktop wedge...
  9. G

The South Random Vintage Computing Lot - Montgomery, AL: Free

That's what I get for not paying attention for a couple weeks. lol That's on my way back to my parent's house in south alabama. Not that I need it... but I neeed it! haha
  10. G

[TI99/4a] Looking for some recommendations

Ended up replacing the disk controller ROM with a 2532 EPROM and now everything works.
  11. G

Followup: I had an issue with the Final GROM 99 cartridge itself that I validated against a second borrowed console from a workmate. The behavior with it was the same, several games wouldn't play properly. There's a guy over in Atariage that made a new cpld image and avr image that was intended...
  12. G

My next course of action will be to use the TI RS232 expansion card to check into the >5000-5FFF space, as I should be able to wiggle some of the PIO connector pins accessing memory in that space.
  13. G

Access to the disk controller via DSR (say, using a real Disk Manager 2, or TI BASIC 'OLD DSK1.<file>') locks up the system, I am suspecting that this is due to some of the code from the >4000-4ffff space jumping or running into the >5000-5FFFF space and executing junk.
  14. G

VeryVon: I'm using mini memory with the FinalGROM99 cartridge. Yeah, I've done all the usualy plugging and unplugging, checking power supplies out, etc. I'll check out your link though, thanks. Adding to the strangeness of the problem, the external RAM expansion memory in the PEB seems to pass...
  15. G

I am trying to fix my TI 99/4A console myself. I have a PEB and the disk controller doesn't work in it. I also have a FinalGROM99 cartridge, and with that and the Speech Synthesizer plugged in (or the PEB) a couple of games have problems. I replaced a few components in the console itself because...
  16. G

Tandy 1000 spotted in commercial spot

There's a new Ghostbusters themed Quickbooks ad on TV right now. In the background is clearly a Tandy 1000 desktop case model.
  17. G

Spotted on eBay: Olivetti Minidisc

Paging Chuck...
  18. G

Laser Printer as accelerator?

It's been said many times in the past that the early laser printers had compute power equal to or better than the host machines that they were connected to. Were there ever any attempts made to harness this extra power for applications other than printing?
  19. G

Super R@RE!

Just when you think you've seen it all...
Back