• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Super R@RE!

And next week, the other box and other computer will show up turning $100 of C64s into $1,700 of unique collectibles.

Okay, I'm curious.
So how is this nothing to call home about? Are the machine and box serialized consecutively? Is it just a cleanly modified serial tag?

Or one person bought two. A few years ago I bought three C64s from a guy who bought two at the same time.

Okay, I'm curious.
So how is this nothing to call home about? Are the machine and box serialized consecutively? Is it just a cleanly modified serial tag?

i think the main reason this is nothing to call home about, is that i can't think of a single collector or enthusiast who would find this "error" remotely interesting.

Can you picture this in somebody's computer room with a special engraved plaque? It's not an early example, or a prototype, or even something slightly odd. It's a C64 somebody happened to scrutinize.

This isn't coin collecting...if you're buying an "error" common computer at top dollar you're REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel of stuff to add to your collection.

If this sells, even for a third of the asking price, i'll be genuinely shocked.

Just happened to stumble across this item on eBeh and noticed it was mentioned here already. It's still sitting out there after all this time. I whunder why?

Don't kid yourself. If you traced this discrepancy back to the beginning, you'll find yourself in Area 51. I can smell Alien infiltration for miles!

Back