• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1000 kinds of 5.25 + 3.5 floppy disks (including IBM PC program/gaming) on ebay

I can hook ya' up with a similar deal if anybody's interested. 1000 assorted, used 5.25" and 3.5" floppies. $150 plus shipping. I'll even leave them in their plastic storage boxes if you want them.

I can hook ya' up with a similar deal if anybody's interested. 1000 assorted, used 5.25" and 3.5" floppies. $150 plus shipping. I'll even leave them in their plastic storage boxes if you want them.
I could do 1001 for $149.95 ;-)

Looks like copies mostly, way too pricey for that.
$.15 per disk is pricey? When's the last time you got a disk for $.15? Even a used disk? I sell floppies all the time and I would say that you can't find any floppies out there for under $.50 - $.75 each.

lol, well it's more of a fun time archiving things and perhaps some neat apps in there somewhere. Price was meh, I wouldn't have bid but the thought of having a bunch of ware to play with is certainly exciting. At the last visit to the warehouse in Kerrville another gentleman made a deal for a few hundred 8" floppies (used). I was sorta wanting to get in on it although I imagine perhaps the oxide coating flaking was probably more risk than worth but wouldn't have minded having some spare more floppies for once I fix my model 2 again. I want to back up my 8" disks but I'm not very trusting of my drives right now. Last one I cleaned seemed to get pretty dirty after reading one or two disks and later I think scratched track 0 of one of my only CP/M disks so I halted that project pending some spares and better time to get to know how to swap drives around.

I've met that seller before. He is a TOOL. He was selling a TI PEB, I came to take a look at it and buy it with cash. refused because he wanted to go through ebay. *boggle* It went downhill from there.

$.15 per disk is pricey? When's the last time you got a disk for $.15? Even a used disk? I sell floppies all the time and I would say that you can't find any floppies out there for under $.50 - $.75 each.

I have 100's of brand new never used floppies of all types in stock so I don't bother paying serious money for somebody elses 20 year old virus infested, crappy labled, damaged and moldy warez disks. And I realy get upset when people write over original disks (AOL excluded). Don't get me wrong, I agree a collection of good labled disks saves the buyer a great deal of time, money and effort if they need something to try out. I have just seen and snagged too many collections of disks that were cryptically labled, missing disks in the set, were defective from long periods of sitting in somebodies attic or garage with the elements getting to them to get all excited about them anymore.

Originals I do go after but boxed software is what I actually pay something for.

First start price was $150.
Buy now price was only $200.

I think seller should end its item quickly when a buyer is bidding $150.

It would have been nice if the seller had showed the disk labels in the photos. With a collection that large, there were likely some good originals in there. But no way to tell.

Back