• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

17th Annual Antique Science and Retro-Tech Show - March 12 2011

barythrin

Veteran Member
http://www.slideruleguy.com/tx-1q11.htm Haven't seen anyone post about it yet but it's tomorrow. Here's a picture from a previous show that is a pretty good representation of size and stuff but with Gil and others helping there are more calculators, computing, and "retro-tech" things showing up.

When: March 12, 2011 (Saturday) from 10:00AM to 4:00PM.

Where: At the DFW Airport Hotel - Irving, TX
4440 W. Airport Freeway (Hwy 183)
exit Valley View Lane

Cost: $5 Admission.

The World Championship Slide Rule Competition will be held at 2:00 pm

Probably a few members here may be there and I believe Gil who has been trying to get the Vintage Computer Festival South going should be there as well (The Museum of Information Technology at Arlington).

It's very interesting equipment that shows up there and I believe a growing presence of vintage computer gear will probably start making its way there (as well as hopefully future VCF events if Gil can get some support (I'm totally speaking on his behalf but if you're in the area you might contact him and show interest as well).

- John

Last edited:
As fate would have it I was unable to get up there. Did anyone go? What'd ya think?

Gil was there with a single table, but otherwise, no significant representation of classic vintage computer systems as we know them. Tons of calculators (including a PC-2), slide rules, microscopes, telescopes, navigation equipment, scales, toys (planes, cars, boats, trains, building sets), tools (mostly woodworking), cameras, projectors, vacuum tube equipment, and books.

It was fun and I'm glad I went, but until I have some more things to sell (mostly non-vintage-computer-related) and get a table, I probably won't go again. I did, however, pick up a see-through Sharp overhead projector calculator to share with my daughters.

Back