• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

2 bugs & a request.....

nige the hippy

Veteran Member
Bugs...
1) I don't seem to be able to attach a file to a PM any more.
2) read messages show an unopened envelope, unread show an open one! (small but irritating)

request...
Can I have the "threads updated in the last 24 hours" button back please. I know it's (nearly) possible using search... but it's clumsy, and it gives a list of everything updated posts/threads/folders etc.

TIA, Nig

request...
Can I have the "threads updated in the last 24 hours" button back please. I know it's (nearly) possible using search... but it's clumsy, and it gives a list of everything updated posts/threads/folders etc.

This has been driving me crazy also. I usually click what's new, but if I want to reread something later in the day I have to go fishing through threads. I miss the old 24 hour button.

1) I don't seem to be able to attach a file to a PM any more.

This has also been a problem for me.

request...

Definitely agree. I would use this every day.

Kyle

I didn't think we could ever do attachments on PM, could we?

I use the What's New button, and yeah, when they're not new but just previously viewed, they don't show up. Rather than going searching, I just log out, and come back without logging in, and there they all are again. If I want to reply, I just log in again at that time. It seems a bit more convoluted than it used to be, but until a different method is worked out, it beats the searching. Hell, there's probably a setting somewhere in the User Control Panel (now Settings?) that'll fix it. I haven't even looked, but will now.

I didn't think we could ever do attachments on PM, could we?

I use the What's New button, and yeah, when they're not new but just previously viewed, they don't show up. Rather than going searching, I just log out, and come back without logging in, and there they all are again. If I want to reply, I just log in again at that time. It seems a bit more convoluted than it used to be, but until a different method is worked out, it beats the searching. Hell, there's probably a setting somewhere in the User Control Panel (now Settings?) that'll fix it. I haven't even looked, but will now.
I've always avoided logging in as much as possible. The VCF is just not usable when you are logged in. I also dislike that after I log out the (dyslexic) open/closed envelopes don't work for a while. I guess there's something funny with the cookies.

PS: I have a theory about the envelopes. They are probably designed by a very young person who has never taken part in the "old fashioned" snail mail culture and is not aware of how envelopes work in the real world. This is not unlike the kid who doesn't know what it means to "wind your watch". :)

Back