• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Mid Atlantic 32MB ECC SIMMs for PS/2

Covers: New York, Pensylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.

hush

Experienced Member
hey all, i have a PC server 500 that i am trying to outfit with its maximum memory, i am not sure if i need PS/2 specific memory or not but i do know that it's 72pin ECC, 70ns. the original IBM P/N is 73G3136. i'm in need of 8 SIMMs total. thanks!

For systems of that era, it's best if you can find IBM branded or compatibles that match the IBM part numbers. Now there are two part numbers, the factory original, and the FRU 'Field Replacement Unit' part number (sometimes also called CRU 'Customer Replacement Unit'). These part numbers are generally different than the original even though they are the same part. But because they were typically available in the retail market, they were more readily available. Once you have that number, it might be easier to find the memory you need.

Using the original part number I was able to get to this page which may help you with installation once you find the memory, and this company may even be able to get the memory you need even if they don't list it anymore:

I also forgot about this company that actually still shows modules available that may work:

Back