• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

5150 Quiz

Big Blues

Experienced Member
If you think you know 5150's, then let's see if you can give the correct answer to this problem.

"Early level 5150 machines may not work properly with the color graphics adapter installed. The color monitor will not display color but will display black and white. The problem may occur with system boards P/N8529205 or P/N8529299.

If color cannot be achieved by adjusting the color potentiometer on the system board as per the Hardware Maintenance and Service Manual..."

Now, who can complete the solution? If you don't know, you'll likely never guess. I never would have.

Joel

You should set the switches on the motherboard anyway, that's with any PC/XT model.

"..., clip off cpacitor C1 on the system board and readjust the color potentiometer. C1 is located between the system board power connectors and the color potentiometer and is labeled C1 on the system board."

"..., clip off cpacitor C1 on the system board and readjust the color potentiometer. C1 is located between the system board power connectors and the color potentiometer and is labeled C1 on the system board."

Well, you didn't mention about disposing C1 locally, but I'll give it to you anyways ;)

Joel

So we are members of a secret brotherhood, eh?

I noticed that my version of that document seems to be missing a tremendous number of pages - huge gaps in the engineering changes section. Is your version of it the same?

So we are members of a secret brotherhood, eh?

I noticed that my version of that document seems to be missing a tremendous number of pages - huge gaps in the engineering changes section. Is your version of it the same?

My book has all 5150 and 8550 ECA's. No other models if that's what you mean. They must have been manufactured perfectly :D

Joel

Back