• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

6502 RAM/ROM Boards for 1541, VIC-20, or PET

rittwage

Veteran Member
Hello friends,

I had some of Nicolas Welte's 6502 SRAM/ROM boards made so that I could play with DolphinDOS/SpeedDOS on my drives. I've tested SpeedDOS, DolphinDOS and S-JiffyDOS.

NOTE (!!) You do still require a parallel connection to the drive, and it must be soldered *under* the 6522 or be very low profile, because this board goes over top of the 6522 that needs the wires soldered. I suppose you could raise this board up with a socket or two to clear it, but I didn't try that.

It also works as a standard 8K RAMBoard for Maverick, etc. The actual SRAM capacity is 32k.

See here for how it can be used:
http://vic-20.de/x1541/hardware/petram.html

It works well, and of course it always makes more sense to order more than one, I have extra parts. I have enough parts for 3 complete builds, and 5 more blank boards.

If anyone wants one, let me know. I can build and test one for $50 or provide just the parts for $40, if you'd rather build yourself. Shipping will be USPS First Class domestic or International (my actual cost is all you pay).

Note that the GAL has to be (re)programmed for whichever machine you want to use it in, then the specific RAM/ROM config can be done from the jumpers. They will come programmed for the 1541 unless you specify otherwise.

Attachments

• DSCF1736.jpg
    DSCF1736.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1
Back