• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

80 column card question

fred3rd

Experienced Member
Does any one know off hand if it is possible to put a second 80 colmn card in slot 5 or 6 to upgrade to 128kb? I suppose I could just try it, but I don't want to take a chance on frying something. If it makes a difference the computer in question is one of my IIe Platinums. Thanks in advance, Fred:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
The entire msg in boldface seemed unusually harsh, much like the all CAPS from our friends the Apple ][ users 20 years ago .. :)

I 'fixed' it. If it was intentional, let me know and I'll put it back

The entire msg in boldface seemed unusually harsh, much like the all CAPS from our friends the Apple ][ users 20 years ago .. :)

I 'fixed' it. If it was intentional, let me know and I'll put it back

Thank you, it was intentional,until I saw it. I tried to change it but had no luck. Thanks again Fred

Not sure if would hurt anything. But I have not sent out your package yet. But I have some 80/64k cards and I will include one of them so you can have 128k the right way and with out using up the slots. Sorry just slow in doing things.

Take Care

geo3 Thanks, I understand the slow doing things, I have that problem also. It's called, "overbooked schedule". I have a 80 column card in the auxilary slot. Just wondered if I could add more. I appreciate the help.

Back