• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8088 DOS screen handler and macros

dls2023

In the early 90's I had an IBM PC XT, and wrote some assembler programs just for fun. Especially, I put quite some effort in a screen handler routine and associated macros, so it was easier to make screen pages in assembler programs.
Recently I installed DOSBox on my windows 10 machine, and it appeared, that my assembler programs from the 90's were still working.
So if any of you is interested in such material (screen handler and macros) please let me know.
Regards, Dennis

Welcome to the forum @dls2023 !

I would be interested to see your screen handler. I wish that I still had any of the DOS software that I wrote, but it is long gone.

- Alex

If youre willing to share the code, I would say just stick it up somewhere and share the link, whether anyone asks for it right now or not. Perhaps at some point in the future someone will find it useful, once this thread has well and truly cooled down. :)

You can create a GitHub or Git Lab account for free, act a bit like an off-site backup, and are widely used services for all manner of projects.

When I'm at home, I'll have a look at you documents; my my company blocks your site. But I'm interested on forehand, I still write programs in assembly for the PC. And I second Tom's comment on both lines!

I made an update to the screen handling routine (SCR0) and the associated macros, where I added 2 new features: A timer data element, which displays a 2 character count of seconds (from 0 to max 60 seconds, or 60 to 0 seconds), and a timer function, that gives control back to the calling program, if there are no keyboard activity within a specified amount of seconds (0 to 60 seconds). The updated stuff is in the package here: I made an update to the screen handling routine (SCR0) and the associated macros, where I added 2 new features: A timer data element, which displays a 2 character count of seconds (from 0 to max 60 seconds, or 60 to 0 seconds), and a timer function, that gives control back to the calling program, if there are no keyboard activity within a specified amount of seconds (0 to 60 seconds). The updated stuff (including macros and documentation) is in the package here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VqEaViSVk3Y_cuYbti43gBGLNiAtoVBN?usp=share_link

Back