• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

84 key XT/AT keyboards

Yikes, I don't know, I usually use UPS though work, I can see if I can figure it out tomorrow if you send me your postal code.

I found someone who's interested in them, so it looks like they are spoken for. I probably do have a couple AT/XT switchable 101 key keyboards if that's of any interest to you.

-Dan

Can we get a pic of what we'd be buyin'? If it's asthetically pleasing and nice imo I'll buy one.

Let me start by seeing what I can find stored away at home. Linuxlove: If I do infact have a couple extra keyboards, I can find you an 8088 motherboard too if you want :)

I don't even have one 8088 system that isn't dead from the neglect of others (it's amazing how many 808x systems sat in closets letting their batteries explode :/ )... Unless you count my Tandy 1000 (very non-expandable) and my Sr. Partner (also, very unexpandable, as it's portable) - both of which have only one available 8-bit ISA. Oh and my useless (but cool) Zenith Supersport with no HDD or ISA at all. I'd really like to get one of the big ~8 slot machines. I have a case that had a 386 mounted in it, the case itself is a clone of the IBM AT case (not exactly the same aesthetically, but the same size and shape with big number of slots) that I could put an XT in.

If he doesn't want one or if you have more than one spare board I may be interested as well. ;D

...It's amazing how many 808x systems sat in closets letting their batteries explode :/ ...
I'm sure amazed, considering that except for laptops they didn't even have batteries unless there was a clock/MIO card with (usually) a button cell ;-)

Just how many _exploded_ batteries have you seen in 808x systems?

Last edited:
Hrm, just one to be honest, but I've only come across two era (as opposed to my Tandy 1000, which was far later than 808x prime) 808x desktop systems, and since one of them died catastrophically due to exploding battery I figured a good number of them out there had. The one I have that's quite dead is a WPCbridge, a special 8088 with a Trackstar 128 Apple II card in it. Unfortunately I can't get drivers for said card, as the copy protection was too badass for anyone who had the disks back then, and nobody has ripped them more recently. Anywho, the WPCbridge had a big hulking battery the size of a D cell or so, and it kasploded all over the motherboard. Even after intensive cleaning the thing won't power on. Then again, I could always be horribly misremembering (memory is wonky at the ripe old age of 19... *fail*), but I'm pretty sure it was that machine.

Back