• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A few gems are still out there to be found.

406refining

It's been a long while since I've posted on the forum. The electronics recycling business is really starting to pick up speed which is awesome! This year was the first year we tried doing some small collection events. With the whole covid thing almost all of my plans were ruined. Out of 10+ events in 4 different cities we ended up only being able to do a few small ones and a very big one (around 6,000 pounds of electronics or so). That big event would turn out to bring in a large amount of interesting items.

The town we went to hadn't done an electronics collection event in over 12 years which to me means 12 years of accumulation. Most of what was picked up ended up being printers and 30 or so creme towers (mainly pentium III and a few older ones). The real score of the event was when a lady walked up and said she had some "Commodore stuff". Commodore is a personal favorite for me so I was very interested. Apparently these 2 boxes had been sitting in her basement for the past 30ish years collecting dust and showing signs of water damage. I ended up handing her a couple $50 bills because I wasn't sure what I had yet, but I figured it would be an interesting little gamble. With the collection event being in full swing I didn't have time to take a look at it till I was back at the warehouse.

Imagine my surprise when I pull the cover off this Commodore CBM 8032 in pristine condition. I opened the second box (severely water damaged) and found a matching disk drive assembly in excellent condition as well! These are the types of things you just don't find very often anymore so I was incredibly surprised to see it.

On another note, if anyone needs semi-vintage (Pentium III and slightly older) computer parts let me know as this event brought in quite a bit of that stuff.

IMG_0172.jpgIMG_0173.jpg

Back