• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A funny question from the seller...

Adventurer

Experienced Member
Recently I bought 4 plastic cabinets for storing 8 inch floppies. After I paid, I did receive an e-mail from the seller: I did look at your profile, and I'm very curious, what are you going to use them for?

After I replied, that I really intend to store 8 inch floppies in them, there was no reply :D

That is odd!

Were these cabinets made for this purpose, or are they just generic plastic boxes?

That is odd!

Were these cabinets made for this purpose, or are they just generic plastic boxes?

They were made for this purpose, even the seller stated this box was for 8 inch floppies (He had been keeping DVD's in it). Maybe it is just that it was hard to accept, that someone might want to use them for an original purpose they were made for :)

s-l500.jpg

I'd say you're pretty lucky; it's hard enough just finding boxes that were designed for 5.25" disks.

He's probably one of those people who thinks there's no place in the world for old technology.

I'd say you're pretty lucky; it's hard enough just finding boxes that were designed for 5.25" disks.

That's funny, because had been selling them for a rather long time, something about 20 USD for all 4 of hem. I did not buy them immediately as well. The reason - I wanted only one cabinet, not 4, but there were no other options available :)

If you have spares, are you going to VCF east since it's in NJ?
I might be interested in buying them off you, I have a lot of 8" disks that really should be in better boxes than the cardboard ones they are in.

Back