• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Advice for selling off Mac collection in Boston

classiccomputing

Experienced Member
Hello everyone,

The American Computer and Robotics Museum in Bozeman, Montana is to take ownership of most of the rare/important/collectible items of Adam Rosen’s Macintosh/Apple collection…

https://www.cultofmac.com/674574/american-computer-robotics-museum-adam-rosen/

...but his family is seeking some help with how to sell the rest of the items. I thought I’d reach out to you all for advice. I know there used to be companies that provided eBay services for a fee or percentage. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone in the greater Boston area that could help with this?

My understanding is that the museum is taking everything that appears on Adam's web page for the museum. That's like 50 or so major systems and etc., plus some duplicates and supporting software, peripherals. What's left is a large room full of other systems in different states, about 40+. They also have a ton of software, books, parts, peripherals and etc. to sell. I think I could help find buyers for a lot of stuff here in forums, Facebook, and of course of on eBay, but they are looking for someone or a company to take charge of this and handle all of the work.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated, thank you.

Back