• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

aim65 pascal roms

Here's the Pascal sign-on for the AIM-65

DSC02310.jpg

Here's my AIM-65 setup

DSC02306.jpg

For those of you needing the AIM-65 Pascal manual and other goodies, I've been posting them at this hidden link on my website

http://www.originalwoodworks.com/aim65/

You'll find some other info there but if you back into the aim65.htm, you can't get back to it directly without using your browser "back" button. Eventually, I'll rewrite the htm to provide direct access. If anyone has an idea for scanning the poster schematics of the AIM for on-line viewing, please let me know as I'm stuck with 8.5"x11" scans. Thanks, DaveC orgwood@iaxs.net

Last edited:
Quite the setup; you need a long desk for all that ;-)

I've got an MTU memory board somewhere; wonder what it'd take to hook that up.

I'd really love a legible scan of the Dynatem schematic poster if you can find a way; actually what you have would be good enough if it were a somewhat higher resolution.

Thanks for making available what you have!

The MTU memory board is probably their 16KB visible memory...I have the bus pinout somewhere. At minimum, I think you can make a cable to connect it to the expansion port just like I used to make for the Computerist expansion boards.
The only poster image I have of the Dynatem AIM-65 like yours was sent to me by a fellow ebayer...I have a white paper version that I think I can scan in 2 parts...I'll try that since it's better than nothing. I can stretch my AIM expansion from here to Toronto if I try hard enough.:D

Quite the setup; you need a long desk for all that ;-)

I've got an MTU memory board somewhere; wonder what it'd take to hook that up.

I'd really love a legible scan of the Dynatem schematic poster if you can find a way; actually what you have would be good enough if it were a somewhat higher resolution.

Thanks for making available what you have!

The MTU memory board is probably their 16KB visible memory...I have the bus pinout somewhere. At minimum, I think you can make a cable to connect it to the expansion port just like I used to make for the Computerist expansion boards.
Yup, that's what it is; I also have the transition board to interface it to a PET, as well as the manual for it and the later DRAM version, but haven't played with it for many years.
The only poster image I have of the Dynatem AIM-65 like yours was sent to me by a fellow ebayer...I have a white paper version that I think I can scan in 2 parts...I'll try that since it's better than nothing.
...Especially the part around the two RAM chips and the configuration DIP switch; frustratingly I can almost make it out in your scans. I suppose the reality is that I'll never change the settings, but it'd be nice to have for reference; I don't suppose you have any info about what the different configuration options are?
I can stretch my AIM expansion from here to Toronto if I try hard enough.:D
;-) I could probably meet you part way... if you take the southern route you could probably pick up some mileage from Jack in Chicago; he's got a few add-ons in his collection as well.

Mike, I put the scans up at my website in the aim65 directory...you should be able to get the info for your board from there...if not, please let me know! Also, do you want any info on the MTU Visible Memory Board?

Mike, I put the scans up at my website in the aim65 directory...you should be able to get the info for your board from there...if not, please let me know! Also, do you want any info on the MTU Visible Memory Board?
Most excellent! Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks, but I have docs for the MTU board unless you have some extras; we can compare off-list.

Thanks very much, Dave!

m

Hi,

Thanks to anyone/everyone who put the ROMs on the 'net. I had been looking for someone who had them for years.

My AIM-65 (w/80k dynamic memory board and bubble memory board) died a few years ago, but I have emulators running on PCs, Macs, Suns, BlackBerry phones, and PlayBooks that I have written. I have been playing with the Instant Pascal ROMs for a few days now and found a few things of note:

My emulation runs a 65C02 instruction set (plus a few 65816 opcodes) and I found that I have to put a non-zero value into memory $0000 to make GO work. Otherwise, it stops after binding and hangs the emulation.
It states that a READ(BOOLEAN) expects Y/N, but mine expects Y/Z instead.

Does anyone know the syntax to store a byte to a register? I can store a CHAR, but that is confusing to read. Storing an INTEGER is a bad idea too.

What does the 'E' command do? I didn't see mention of it in the PDF but found it in the code while debugging. It toggles bit $20 of $000b.

Harry

P.S. I've also worked a lot with the PL/65 ROMs and have found the subset that works and a few limitations and things in my source code that crashes it.
Please feel free to email me.

Mike and I say you're most welcome - glad someone is actually using them and Mel Conway gave us permission! Dave

For those of you needing the AIM-65 Pascal manual and other goodies, I've been posting them at this hidden link on my website

http://www.originalwoodworks.com/aim65/
I had a look at the site again as the thread was revived - I noticed a new document,
http://www.originalwoodworks.com/aim65/MMI 6701.pdf
No idea what the document is, I just tried to look at it. But the PDF appears to be corrupt, browser won't open it, and various PDF viewers just throw error messages after I downloaded it and tried to open it locally.

-Tor

That document is for the MMI 6701 bipolar 4 bit slice. I will upload a fresh copy of it. Thanks for pointing it out as I have these up for sale on eBay right now. Dave

Back