• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

All I want for chrwanzukah is..

Somebody gave away a free one (with software) here a couple weeks ago. I could have had it but I didn't feel like driving 60km to get it. I admit I now regret my laziness.

You had a FREE TRS-80 Model IV only 60Km away!!!

Please don't tell me things like that! :x

Tez

I want to get an IBM 5150 with 20MB hard drive, just like my dad had back in the day. He had one 5.25" drive and the 20MB hard drive. He said he spent over $2000 by the time he got rid of it.

I already treated myself to a C64! :happy3:

Kyle

You had a FREE TRS-80 Model IV only 60Km away!!!

Please don't tell me things like that! :x

Well, I already have a Model III (cost me $40), so I didn't think I needed a Model IV. Now I wish I could go back in time, grab my earlier self by the neck and slap him across the face with a banana peel, before shouting, "Get that damn TRS-80!"

(...then my earlier self says, "...OK... but you didn't have to smack me with a banana peel!"

I'd want an HDD card for my Apple IIgs, so I used some of my Christmas money and got one. It should arrive any day now! Woohoo!

As for other things, it's be way cool to get a mint condition Famitsu clear Gameboy Pocket, and matching Famitsu GB Wars Turbo cartridge. And what the heck, as long as I'm wishing for that, I'd like a Twinkle Star Sprites MVS cartridge.

As for realistic, I could really use a stereo card for my IIgs.

That was for someone else (the Mac?). I went ahead and set up (bought) an AT&T 6300 (finally! lol) with a working hard drive. Never seen one in town before but neat system. I put a bow on top and set it up on the kitchen table with a vintage game I already had.

I turned it on for the first time that morning.. it booted into dos! :) I went to the a: checked out the floppy it read the files ok, had a setup.bat which copies the game from a: to b: and then renames the .exe to run the game to command.com. I didn't want to do that so I tried running the game exe itself. Floppy light stayed red, I waited probably 6 minutes (way too long even for vintage computer to load 1 game). Finally I didn't want to but turned off the system. I ejected the floppy, started it back up, it does it's little rom check and then wouldn't boot off the hard drive saying something about the boot strap. I rebooted a few times, same message :-( Was a little upset wondering if the floppy tried to format the current drive or something. Anyway left it off a few days last night turned it on just to see and it booted up again. So I'm not sure what the problem is/was. Could be a failing drive?

Anyway, I want to try something else on it soon but want to do a sector based chkdsk first. So still a good holiday.

Back