• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Am I hoarding?

vbriel

Experienced Member
Hey everybody, haven't been on here in a while and I thought I would ask this question.

My addiction other than my replica 1 is the Apple IIplus because it was my 1st computer. Still have it and still use it when I can find the time. Over the last few years, I've grabbed every one or two or parts that I come across for a good price. My reason is I always want spare parts. Is this hoarding? I have about 12 complete computers and boxes of parts. What do you think?

Vince

maybe

maybe

if you saved any of them from the landfill, absolutly not.

if you out bid someone on eBay, maybe ;)

the II+ is pretty common, so I'd not feel bad at all.

The more the better!!

I would call hoarding out bidding some one for a part that doesint work. Or haveing 5 or more of the exact same thing. haveint a feew spares for something is in no way hoarding. You would have to probably get 3x what your doing to be concidered "over doing it"

-Vlad

Well, I have my eye on another IIplus that isn't working :twisted:

Remember when computers had cool style like the IIplus or PET or TI, or Atari? What we have now does more, yet has no mojo.

][+

][+

I keep meaning to get to find a non-working ][+ and use it to house the Replica I that I haven't yet ordered. ;)

These days, a powerful computer doesn't have to be large. Somewhere in the mid-90s, the traditional keyboard unit type of computer disappeared from the market. I'm waiting for some medium-sized manufacturer to put together new PCs in this form factor. Call it retro if you wish. Maybe it wouldn't be as exciting as the vintage computers, but it is the best one can do unless we want to move back to newly manufactured 1 MHz systems and 5.25" floppies.

Back