• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amateur Radio Operators


Space Commander
Jan 27, 2014
I have noticed that the front panels on transceivers are not universal as
in short wave radio receivers; every manufacturer uses different control
knobs and dials. Now that we are at it, would you please tell us what
these control/adjustment gizmos are for:

View attachment 42413

View attachment 42414

By the was KC......I really appreciate your enthusiasm for informing and
explaining technical material to others, but would you please avoid using
so many acronyms (without explanation) that are even alien to
Nikola Tesla himself.... ;)

ziloo :mrgreen:

It would be easier for me to make a video demonstrating how to use one. Using a transceiver like this one is so second nature to those of us who use them that it's hard to put it into words. So if I get time later today, that's precisely what I'll do.

As far as acronyms, I'm not sure which you are referring to. But something like this might help. And if you're in the USA, this is everything you need to know to get licenced, too. http://www.arrl.org/shop/ARRL-Ham-Radio-License-Manual-3rd-Edition/