• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Amiga Explorer files not showing up on Amiga

falter

Veteran Member
Don't know if any of you have experience with this.. but I've got that Amiga Explroer program, and my newly acquired A600HD hooked up to my PC via null modem. Successfully transferred the program over per their setup instructions and can browse the Amiga easily from the PC.

I can easily create directories and transfer files too, *however*, while they show up in Amiga Explorer (even after I've shut down and rebooted both computers), they do *not* show up on the Amiga. Anything created by the PC is invisible.

Is there something I'm missing here? AE led me to believe this was supposed to be just drag and drop..

Don't know if any of you have experience with this.. but I've got that Amiga Explroer program, and my newly acquired A600HD hooked up to my PC via null modem. Successfully transferred the program over per their setup instructions and can browse the Amiga easily from the PC.

I can easily create directories and transfer files too, *however*, while they show up in Amiga Explorer (even after I've shut down and rebooted both computers), they do *not* show up on the Amiga. Anything created by the PC is invisible.

Is there something I'm missing here? AE led me to believe this was supposed to be just drag and drop..

By default, Workbench will only show you files that have an associate .info file to go along with it (the icon). You'll have to change Workbench to show the hidden files (I think that's what it's called... been a while) by right clicking and going through the menus at the top of the workbench screen.

By default, Workbench will only show you files that have an associate .info file to go along with it (the icon). You'll have to change Workbench to show the hidden files (I think that's what it's called... been a while) by right clicking and going through the menus at the top of the workbench screen.

Thanks!!!! That is exactly what it was!!

Back