• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Another Amiga haul, thanks to VCF!

Tupin

Experienced Member
Because of the generosity of Dave Farquar on these forums, I was informed of a local who wanted to sell a boxed Amiga 3000 system. Well, I picked it up today, and paid $100 for it. It came with three mice, a bunch of books and manuals, several games, and an extra floppy drive. The person who owned this machine was a member of the Gateway Amiga Club.

The strangest part of this machine? An Apple Computer logo sticker on the side!

Another addition to my growing collection, hopefully this will join my 4000 on the same table and they bother will be maximized completely soon. :)
I will post pictures of that when it happens.

Also, this model has a built in scandoubler? What does the "Enable/Disable" switch do?

Because of the generosity of Dave Farquar on these forums, I was informed of a local who wanted to sell a boxed Amiga 3000 system. Well, I picked it up today, and paid $100 for it. It came with three mice, a bunch of books and manuals, several games, and an extra floppy drive. The person who owned this machine was a member of the Gateway Amiga Club.

The strangest part of this machine? An Apple Computer logo sticker on the side!

Another addition to my growing collection, hopefully this will join my 4000 on the same table and they bother will be maximized completely soon. :)
I will post pictures of that when it happens.

Also, this model has a built in scandoubler? What does the "Enable/Disable" switch do?

Yes, the A3000 has a built-in scandoubler and de-interlacer that's handled by the Amber custom chip. So, you can run the ECS interlaced video modes de-interlaced via the VGA port (i.e. 640x400 on the A500 is an interlaced video mode). I am trying to recall, but I think you can either disable the de-interlacing or scandoubling or both with that switch. If it disables scandoubling, you have to have a multisync monitor capable of syncing down to 15kHz horizontal, which of course most don't. ISTR it just disabled the de-interlacing. Try it and see. :)

Awesome! I can't believe you have a 4000. The 4000 is the envy of Amigians everywhere (like me!). The 3000 for $100 was an awesome grab, good job!

I'm very glad you were able to make the deal. I just wasn't in position to buy the machine myself and I'm glad it ended up in the hands of another VCF'er and will stay in St. Louis.

The A3000 turned up about five miles from where it was originally purchased. And St. Louis had a good Amiga community 20 years ago. Soft-Logik, the publishers of the Pagestream DTP program for Amiga, was headquartered in St. Louis at the time.

Back