• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Another Leading Edge DC-2010E Leading Edge Amber Monochrome Monitor issues

alank2

Veteran Member
No video and no beeps.

The voltage rails look good at 5V and 12V.

The Varta battery had leaked, but I removed it and cleaned up the leaking. There wasn't too much and the traces that were leaked on look fine.

I've tried the mono/cga switch in both positions. I even tried a good known CGA monitor in both positions and no display, so there is no video.

I pulled and reseated the 8088 CPU. The motherboard looks pretty clean overall.

I'm not sure if the monitor works at all or not either. I can turn out the lights and other than its power led, I don't see any tube activity no matter what I set the contrast/brightness controls to.

I saw another thread about changing a dip switch to disable the RTC; I can try that the next time I mess with it, but I wonder if there are any other things to try when I put it back on the bench again.

There wasn't too much and the traces that were leaked on look fine.
I remember once investigating a TV remote control that was battery damaged. The battery-leakage affected traces looked okay, but a multimeter revealed one to be open-circuit.

... but I wonder if there are any other things to try when I put it back on the bench again.
- A very good visual inspection.
- Are there chips besides the 8088 in sockets, i.e. other chips that can also be re-seated ?
- Of the socketed chips, do you have known-working ones on other motherboards that you can temporarily swap in ?
- Can you program replacement EPROM's ?

Back