• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anybody using a Pentium prior to the 133?

A Getting back on track, the 486 machines seemed to be much more stable than any of the Pentiums systems running up to 233 MHz processors.
I've got a number of each class and stability wise running the same software there's absolutely no difference if the hardware is up to scratch.

Last edited:
I got a few HP Vectra P90's that we still use for Doom/Duke/Battle Drome battles. I usually have a few friends over head into the man cave listen to music, drink a few brews and play these games against each other and remember the good ol days..

I had a gigantic (hugest tower case I've ever seen) Acer Altos 9000 Server. It had a Dual Pentium 60 processors with fans and heat sinks (the small tiny ones). It was gigantic. I acutally just found a picture of it online (although looks rather gutted in this picture)

View attachment 7506

I think a Gateway 9000/ALR Revolution 6x6 beats it

Picture023.jpg

Would be nice to find one of those locally, very impressive.

Yes, it would be nice as the cases are apparently rare now. Most people who have one these days have built it piecemeal from parts and ended up using a hacked up ATX full tower case to mount it in, which is still an extremely tight fit. Just rounding up all the parts you need for a complete unit is a challenge in itself.

Yes, it would be nice as the cases are apparently rare now. Most people who have one these days have built it piecemeal from parts and ended up using a hacked up ATX full tower case to mount it in, which is still an extremely tight fit. Just rounding up all the parts you need for a complete unit is a challenge in itself.

Yea, I seen the parts for sale for many years, just never a complete unit. Looks heavy and expensive to ship, something only a dedicated collector would bother with.

Yes, I had a Midwest Micro P60 laptop, purchased in Summer 1995. I remember deciding if I wanted Win 3.11 or Win 95. Went with 95.
Bill

Back