• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone using an XT-IDE in a 1000 TL?

Dokken

Experienced Member
TL had no HD controller. I have the texelec SD version of the XT-IDE. no luck yet. I got the 1000TL setup disk 1 which allows me to modify boot setting (deskmate or dos, I set to dos for this).

I see the XT-IDE info upon post. options are A, C, ROM DOS, and something else. dir c: shows the ROM DOS. A: works with floppy. B, not found or installed. nothing for D, E either. So I assume XT-IDE is trying to assign C as well?

Any tips?

Is the drive detected? If yes, is it partitioned? If no (to either question) then it won't have a drive letter.

If it's not detected, then it's likely an I/O address conflict or a configuration error (reconfigure with XTIDECFG). If it's not partitioned, then run FDISK.

Dokken: I've been running the XT-IDE (VCF's original version) on a 1000SX for a very long time. You will find that the media can be very picky. You may want to try FDISK /MBR which will usually get rid of any crud left over from the manufacturer then go ahead and format the drive.

success! dos 3.3 on an SD card. I used another pentium pc with IDE and an SD adapter plus gotek to get the SD installed and bootable. sys c: was also required.

boots right up! thanks for the input!

and my IBM CGA monitor was in storage, hence the plastic wrap ;-)

tandy1000 Screenshot 2023-01-21 at 12.20.55 PM.png

Back