• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple 1 replica (Newton NTI) Bare Board Available

Well.. 10/10 sold and it's ended now lol. But that was just a bareboard? I still dig Briel's kits (Replica-1) mostly since he's always had a point of keeping the kit prices as low as he can for educational budgets.

I believe we aim at different groups... while Replica 1s are for educational purpose, Mimeos and Newtons are more for hobbyists or private museums who don't want to spend hundreds of thousands bucks for an originals and some people who show interests prefer to have bare boards and enjoy assembling their Apple 1s or just make it as point of interest on their walls. Someone will spend over thousands (eg white ceramic 6502, 1976 TTL etc) just to get all the period correct components and make their Apple 1 looks and works as close as possible to the originals; so, there is emotional factor involved.

I do have most of the components if someone ask for it, though they are not all from 1970s, if they don't really mind some components from 1980s on their board. I still have some boards to list by the way..

Barythrin,

As was mentioned. They are a different audience between the replica-1 and the Obtronix, Newton and Mimeo. However I know more than a few Apple-1 owners who have replica-1 and a Obtronix, Mimeo or Newton. Even if you have a working system and don't keep it in a bank vault, you don't really want to power it up too often as components do fail and they are just too valuable. I do agree with Mike Willegal on the subject that you should power them up periodically if they are in working order, but if your going to go out and do a demonstration or play a game or something like that on an ongoing basis, the Obtronix, Newton or Mimeo is really the only safe bet to be "authentic"

Cheers,
Corey

Hi all,

For those who would like to save some few bucks, I welcome off-ebsy order by PM and will sell at $145 apiece, including expedited shipping with tracking - same way I pack and ship ebsy order. In most case, you can receive the boards in 3 days. Basically, this save you the ebsy fee which is 10% of the total. If you would like to make sure that I am the same person selling on ebsy, just message me your AF user name in ebsy toegether with AF PM, and I will respond both messages.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251367353501?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I will receive the PROMs in a couple day, and will list for sale early next week.

Regards,
Michael

Back