• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple ][ identifying

That's pretty dang cool that screen.

I'd have no problem sending it to you, if you were a bit closer.
I'm going to play some more with it this weekend - is there any easy way to see if the machine has been upgraded from ][ to][+ or something?

I'm going to play some more with it this weekend - is there any easy way to see if the machine has been upgraded from ][ to][+ or something?

I appreciate the thought, but yes, its much to far to ship without it likely scumming to a horrible fate with the box hurling monkeys most shipping companies employ, lol

If the machine autostarts (boots from floppy, not into the monitor or to BASIC when there's a floppy drive controller installed) and ctrl-reset (or reset, depending on the age of the system / how the keyboard is configured) resets into Applesoft BASIC (prompt is ] instead of >), it has been upgraded with the ][+ ROMs.

Since yours said "Loading Integer into language card" at boot into DOS 3.3, you appear to have the ][+ ROMs. There are other differences in the video circuitry and other changes in the Rev. 7 and up Apple ][s/][+s, yours might have some of those hardware changes, but it didn't come with them, being a Rev. 3 board.

It's likely some ][+s were made with the Rev 3 board early in their production run, my ][+ is a Rev 4.

Back