• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II CRPG Nox Archaist has officially been released!

mlemmert11

The 6502 Workshop team is thrilled to announce that 8-bit RPG Nox Archaist has been released!

Journey with us back in time to the 1980s an experience an adventure inspired by classics like Ultima and Bard's Tale.

Lord British himself has traveled to Vali, the world of Nox Archaist, to help thee on thy quest!

Game Trailer
https://youtu.be/zeMIDv7xYr0

We would love to put a collector's edition box in your hands, featuring cover art by Denis Loubet, or set you up with the Digital Edition.

Collector's edition includes:

*Game box with full color art
*Printed manual (cover painting by Denis Loubet)
*Cloth map
*Coin of the Realm
*More!

Available to order now!

I think the conventional read is "computer RPG," which is intended as a distinction from "Japanese RPG" a.k.a. JRPG, i.e. your Final Fantasies and your Dragon Quests and your whatnot. (Despite the fact that CRPGs are also quite popular over there, to the point where the Wizardry series was actually bought out and continued by a Japanese company...well, such are the perils of definition-by-common-use.)

Anyway, glad to see this finally made it to the finish line :) Gonna have to download my copy and fire up ADTPro...

CRPG? What does the "C" stand for?

Thanks for the reply and sorry for causing any confusion. The "C" stands for Classic, though in hindsight it's probably redundant as any Apple II RPG would be classical in form.

Too many acronyms!!! Arahrggh!

So I got the emails with the digital copy link today. I was surprised there was no disk images. I paid for the deluxe box set but If possible I would like to avoid using the actual Floppy disks and use copies, will this be a possibility?

What actual floppy disks? You don't get floppy disks, just images on an USB stick. That's clearly stated on the website.

Too many acronyms!!! Arahrggh!

So I got the emails with the digital copy link today. I was surprised there was no disk images. I paid for the deluxe box set but If possible I would like to avoid using the actual Floppy disks and use copies, will this be a possibility?

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out.

In the ZIP/DMG file there should be a file called "Nox Archaist HDV (v1001).HDV". This is a harddrive disk image file for use in emulators or on physical Apple II hardware with a harddrive card. There should also be a folder called "() Floppy Build" which has the floppy disk images. Timo W. is correct that there are not physical floppy disks included with the boxed sets currently available. You can write the floppy images to double sided double density 5.25" floppy disks that you have. The floppy version of the game a beta release.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 3.12.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 3.12.42 PM.png
    26 KB · Views: 1
You are right! I missed that folder! Thanks... And Yes I know its currently unavailable, I meant in the future.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to preorder.noxarchaist.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Back