• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple II Repair

Mister_Al

Well, after all that work, the Apple II I got turned out to be broken. After being hooked up to a monitor (which had been tested), being flipped on, all it does is produce a green wash and horizontal/vertical lines onscreen. Is there anyone here interested in trying to repair it? I am more than happy to pay someone for their services.

I could be interested, but the first thing that you ought to do is hook up a volt meter and see if the power supply appears to be generating the appropriate voltages. :)

Well, after all that work, the Apple II I got turned out to be broken. After being hooked up to a monitor (which had been tested), being flipped on, all it does is produce a green wash and horizontal/vertical lines onscreen. Is there anyone here interested in trying to repair it? I am more than happy to pay someone for their services.

Do you hear any beeps or other signs of life? If it beeps (and tries to read disks if you have a disk ][ hooked up) and you just don't have video (on a known working monitor), it might be a mal-adjusted video trim-pot, I know on my ][+ needed some tweaking before I got a usable video signal out of it.

I am with dholezer too though, check supply voltages, power supplies are over 30 years old, their failure is somewhat common these days.

I am not sure if it made any beeps or what. Whatever is wrong with it, I am a bit scrapped for cash right now, so I'll posy another 'repair' topic when I have some disposable income. Thanks for

Back