• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple IIe titan accelerator not working

cyril3d

Hi

I just purchased an apple IIe titan accelerator.... that doesn't work.

when pluged in any slot, with ALL the other boards removed, the computer doesn''t start. When switched on, I don't have the BEEP sound and the screen remains with some vetrical full lines in low res, that's all!

Since I removed all the other boards, the switches and jumpers on the titan board have no effect.

I guess some component on the board have to be replaced but where to start please? I swapped the CPU and the 8 64Kbit rams with no result

I uploaded some photos of the board on http://www.flickr.com/photos/99849079@N07/

thanks

cyril

Last edited:
Hi
All of the chips are socketed so you might want to consider getting a 7400 series chip tester. I'll bet one of the glue logic chips have gone bad. Possibly reseating them *one at a time* would help the situation.

What is the chip underneath the CPU with the label on it? All the chips I can see appear to be bog standard 7400 series logic, DRAMs, and the 6502 CPU.

going off thread for a moment with my observation:

If the labeled chip (and the one in the lower left hand corner) are standard components, then I suggest this A2 accelerator would be the ideal starting point for a home brew project. This design is much simpler than the TranswarpGS and more suited to hobbyist build and test.

Just my $0.02

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Hi

both labelled chips are proprietary chips and are no longer available!
cyril

Back