• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple III+ and Monitor 100

leaknoil

Experienced Member
I just picked up a Apple III plus with a rgb monitor I think is called the Monitor 100 and seems to be so rare it almost doesn't exist. One thing I found said it had motorized screen tilt. This one is stuck in the all the way tilted back position and its a little annoying. I don't want to force it back too hard but, I've given it enough push that its obviously not moving easily. There are no buttons or anything on the thing besides a single power button. Anyone know anything about these things ? Is the tilt software driven ?

Also, there is a switch on the left side of the Apple III+ close to where you unscrew the top shell. I'm not sure what it does. Nothing seems to happen when I use it. The regular Apple III I have doesn't have it but, there is a hole in the frame when one could mount. Any ideas what this might be ? Nothing about it in the III users guide. Looks official though and not like some hack. Even has a proper label. Next step is ripping everything apart to follow where the wires end up and I'd rather not.

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Haha that's the next step. I'm lazy though and there are a lot of screws between me and that motherboard. Someone out there should know what that does. The label make no sense to me though. A solid square vs a not so solid square. Boggles the mind.

edit: OK I couldn't stand it and looked. Just goes to a jumper next to the clock battery jumper that looks to be labeled J19 INTSW

edit2: It turns out to be a interlace/deinterlace switch. It makes the screen characters smoother. Seems to add a bit of flicker too which makes it more annoying then just the normal fonts to me.

Last edited:
Back