• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Arachne with PCMCIA Wireless Card?

Also found another one made by Cisco, but it has less support. Also, this has been done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcfz3vYIE64

I guess all of these cards need 6.22, I can only get a 5.0 bootdisk working, all others give me an error when I try to load command.com.
Well, I guess that video proves that Arachne is a browser. I wish it showed something about the interesting part. lol I want to see the stack. :)

Regarding DOS versions, I think that if the driver will run on 6.22, it will run on 5.0. I don't think there's a lot of difference. Also if you have a problem with command.com, you should probably rewrite your boot disk or maybe just delete and replace command.com.

To clarify, the driver provided comes with the following folders that have the following items in them:

CAD-
Readme
WVLANCAD.sys

ODI-
Driver.lst
wvlan43 (Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration File)
WVLAN43.exe
WVLAN43.ins
WVLAN43.txt

Packet-
Packet (Configuration File)
Packet.tpl
Readme.txt
Version.txt
WVLAN42.exe

Got my Orinoco Gold wifi card in the mail today, just need a hard drive and I should be able to get it up and running.

I have an Aironet 350 card that works great under Win3x, but I've never gotten it to work under DOS. Arachne has built-in WLAN support?

Arachne has built-in WLAN support?

Pretty sure it DOESN'T, though I suppose I don't know. I would imagine WLAN would be more the card's driver's problem, not Arachne. But I do want to know more about this..

I have a feeling that it is the driver that decides that. Windows 3.1 would be an interesting install on this machine, though. Maybe when my PCMCIA SD card adapter comes in, I can add it.

Back