I have inspected closely and see no shedding. The pins are spotless.
I spent an unpleasant Sunday working on recovering (or trying to recover) 1980's DC600s stored in a damp environment.
They will all have to be baked, and bearings applied. The couple that I tried shed and stuck to the metal shafts.
Also, this was the first time I tried using the clear plastibands. I bought them just as Covid happened so they haven't been
touched in years. They are slightly sticky and really seem too short for the application. They are quite difficult to attach
and are quite tight. I could see them picking up binder from the shedding tape. I wonder if they shrink with age.