• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Armchair Arcade Radio podcast Episode 2 is now out

Bill_Loguidice

Veteran Member
If you're interested, the second episode of our new podcast is now available: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/node/3440 . Details from the blog post here:

"Armchair Arcade is proud to present the second episode of Armchair Arcade Radio. Hosted by Matt Barton, this episode features the music of Metroid Metal and segments from each member of Armchair Arcade: Mark Vergeer, Bill Loguidice, Christina Loguidice, and Chris Kennedy.

Topics and Approximate Times Below:

* Matt Barton talks classic turn-based computer role-playing games and why nobody is making them anymore (00:02:43)
* Mark Vergeer and everything you ever wanted to know about shoot'em up games (00:26:09)
* Bill Loguidice talks about the history and reasons for owning a personal computer, starting from 1980 (00:51:05)
* Christina Loguidice explains why more women and girls aren't interested in gaming (01:00:59)
* Chris Kennedy interviews Grant Henry, Father Brain of Metroid Metal (01:10:50)"

lol (no offense, honestly just funny) as I was wondering "Hmm.. wonder what his wife does and what her article will be?". Sounds about right, thanks for letting us know about the podcasts. I'm starting to enjoy listening to these types of information while I work.

lol (no offense, honestly just funny) as I was wondering "Hmm.. wonder what his wife does and what her article will be?". Sounds about right, thanks for letting us know about the podcasts. I'm starting to enjoy listening to these types of information while I work.

She offers a different perspective from the other four AA members, seeing that we're all lifetime gamers and computer geeks, and really, she's not. She co-wrote "Wii Fitness for Dummies" with me as well, and her topic on the first podcast was related to the games one of our daughters plays. In real-life, she's a medical editor for medical journals.

Very impressive. I should clarify as I feel bad about not being more specific on my comment as well. I simply lol'd at the title of the article and found humor in that, I'm currently listening to the podcast, and part of the reason is to hear both of your segments. I certainly am curious what her opinion on the market and reasoning is. I was also always curious what she thought about your enthusiasm and collecting of the subject, although I think I understand the general view point isn't too far from my girlfriend's opinion. A polite smile and nod but please put it away and don't clutter the house. I'm more of a "..but..but.. how are people supposed to see my cool collections?"

Very impressive. I should clarify as I feel bad about not being more specific on my comment as well. I simply lol'd at the title of the article and found humor in that, I'm currently listening to the podcast, and part of the reason is to hear both of your segments. I certainly am curious what her opinion on the market and reasoning is. I was also always curious what she thought about your enthusiasm and collecting of the subject, although I think I understand the general view point isn't too far from my girlfriend's opinion. A polite smile and nod but please put it away and don't clutter the house. I'm more of a "..but..but.. how are people supposed to see my cool collections?"

Unfortunately, you won't get that perspective in this episode's segment. However, I can say that she is VERY understanding, moreso than just simply tolerating it, though of course she doesn't actively participate in it either. One of the stipulations when we moved to a bigger house 4 years or so ago was that I could devote the entire basement to my collection. There's also a nice rec room, gym and office down there as well. In turn, I'm respectful of keeping my collection out of the rest of the house. On the main floor, in the family room on the big TV, I have the Xbox 360, Wii and PS3, that's it. Also in the family room are our two computer desks/workstations. On the top floor, in our bedroom, I just have another Xbox 360, which is mainly used for Netflix. So that's pretty much it. I have an unusually large collection, so it's nice to have a big basement to house it, which also acts as a way to keep it out of our daily lives...

Back