• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Artifacts of early wireless internet. Metrocom - Ricochet stuff. Cheap.

Bobthearch

Experienced Member
Found this in a storage area at work and have to sell it or toss it.

Ricochet was apparently an early wireless internet service available in some cities. Long defunct, but historically interesting. Read about it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricochet_(Internet_service)

I'm guessing that Ricochet was never available in the town of Raton, New Mexico, so the modems were probably purchased for in-house use at a local science company.

What I have available, sold together only, as a lot:
Ricochet Modem Reference Guide. 80pgs, comb bound. Cover is scuffed, but pages are very good condition.
Ricochet Trouble Shooting Guide. Like new.
Installation floppies, set of 7. Never opened, factory sealed.
Met ricom-Ricochet spare battery. Never used. Rechargeable Ni-MH 6V.
6 cables - I think they're modem-to-serial cables. Never used.
4 Metricom AC adaptors. 120v AC - 9V DC

Price: $10, including shipping to anywhere in the USA.

DSC_4617_zpse4085766.jpg

DSC_4619_zpsad40e94c.jpg

Just two modifications / updates:

I need to put a deadline for these items to get them cleared out of here one way or another. Friday Sept 27, 2013.

If anyone wants only the discs and manuals, $5.00 to anywhere in the USA.

I don't mind mailing these internationally, but shipping costs may be significantly extra.

Back