• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AT&T 6300 service manual

Yzzerdd

Veteran Member
I have a HUGE original issue service manual for the AT&T 6300 if anyone needs info. Everything from how to get the drive sled out(without damaging it) to jumpers, and even information on what certain error codes mean, as well as info on installing peripherals, and the jumper settings for them. Just ask for info as needed, and please don't PM looking for info on a certain part of the book, I would be glad to share the info with the entire forum! When I get a scanner, I will also be glad to scan the entir book(or section) for someone needing info. BUT if you really wanna see the pics in the book :p, I can always take a high res picture, as I did with the Seagate inst. manuals on a different post.

I have a HUGE original issue service manual for the AT&T 6300 if anyone needs info. Everything from how to get the drive sled out(without damaging it) to jumpers, and even information on what certain error codes mean, as well as info on installing peripherals, and the jumper settings for them. Just ask for info as needed, and please don't PM looking for info on a certain part of the book, I would be glad to share the info with the entire forum! When I get a scanner, I will also be glad to scan the entir book(or section) for someone needing info. BUT if you really wanna see the pics in the book :p, I can always take a high res picture, as I did with the Seagate inst. manuals on a different post.

Tell you what: I'll scan my entire tech ref for the AT&T 6300 if you'll scan your service manual. You and I are probably the only people on this hemisphere who have these documents, so we owe it to AT&T 6300 enthusiasts to make them available. Do you see yourself getting a scanner any time soon?

You and I are probably the only people on this hemisphere who have these documents, so we owe it to AT&T 6300 enthusiasts to make them available. Do you see yourself getting a scanner any time soon?

Yeah, I have been looking at some. I think my dad has a scanner in his printer. If not, my local Thrift World should have one. We probably are the only people in the hemisphere with these manuals. I think mine is a copied book, but simply am not sure. As soon as I locate a scanner(this week, hopefully) I will get those documents scanned.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have been looking at some. I think my dad has a scanner in his printer. If not, my local Thrift World should have one. We probably are the only people in the hemisphere with these manuals. I think mine is a copied book, but simply am not sure. As soon as I locate a scanner(this week, hopefully) I will get those documents scanned.

If you can afford it, or if you can get the funds from your father (tell him exactly what it will be used for, he should appreciate the archival effort), I would just purchase a new one. New scanners are minimum 1200 DPI, fast, and about $60 or less (I checked newegg). They're not pro quality, but they're ten times what you need for scanning B&W documents.

600 DPI B&W or 1200 DPI B&W is what you should scan the manual in, unless it has photos. If it has photos, scan 300 DPI or 600 DPI grayscale. But those files would get huge and I doubt there are professional photos in your document.

Or, you can send it to me, I'd be happy to scan and OCR it for everyone. But if you do that, you should make a xerox copy or something in the slim chance that the post office eats it in transit.

Awesome!

Awesome!

I'd be one of those people who would be eternally grateful for those two manuals! I "inherited" five AT&T 6300's from another Amateur Radio operator when he moved, a couple of years ago. These 6300's used to belong to the Volusia County school system (in Florida), and I pretty much have full systems (unit, keyboards, monitors, software (uncatalogued)).

All five of them are missing the lower drive, which makes me believe the drive bay used to hold a hard drive, but was removed before donation. I plan on putting together two working models, and keeping the remainder as parts systems. Having the manuals you two own would greatly help me in this endeavor.

Thanks for all the hard work you're going to be going through! :)

If it helps, I have a website where you can host your manuals for download. I have ton of storage and bandwidth that isn't being used. Let me know if that would help.

HP

Storage bandwith may help. I was gonna use "Photobucket" like I do everything else. I located a scanner today, turns out my "kinda sorta" step brother has one he never used. Tonight, after school(where I am now) I will start scanning those manuals.

--Ryan

Storage bandwith may help. I was gonna use "Photobucket" like I do everything else. I located a scanner today, turns out my "kinda sorta" step brother has one he never used. Tonight, after school(where I am now) I will start scanning those manuals.

--Ryan

Great!

Btw, my site has 250 GB of storage and 2 TB of monthly "bandwidth", or transfer rate. More than enough for what you and I might need.

Great!

Btw, my site has 250 GB of storage and 2 TB of monthly "bandwidth", or transfer rate. More than enough for what you and I might need.

Wow. 250 gigs of storage and 2 TERABYTES of bandwidth. Thats pretty good. When the docs are scanned, should I send them to you so you can put them on your page? If so, what is your e-mail? If you would rather not share it with the forum, drop me a line at:

UniversalRiot (at) Hotmail (dot) com

*curse you spam bots!!!!:mad:*

Or you could just spare us all and send each other PRIVATE MESSAGES. Thank you.

No luck finding scanner. I greatly fear the day I find one, I will be up all nite and day scanning the friggin' book. For now, if anyone needs info, just ask. I would be happy to take pictures(focused) of the stuff you need. I may end up just sending the book away to be scanned and put on CD, as well as have it in hard-form.

Just keeping all to date

--Ryan

6300 floppy disk

6300 floppy disk

Has any one had any luck scanning the 6300 manual? I'd sure like to consult one right now.

My 6300 won't boot - it insists the floppy drive isn't ready. (There is also some problem with the hard disk - it dies part way through the boot process.) I assume either the 360K floppy drive or controller has gone bad.

How do I get the drive sled out? What are the specs for the floppy drive, and where is a good source of a possible replacement?

Thanks in advance!

Back