• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

atari from terminator 2

rmx77

anyone out there have an old atari like the one in terminator 2 and if so what does it run and what program was being ran on it in the movie and what does it even run if anything

atari from terminator 2

thats good to know anyone out there have one they wouldnt mind parting with

Your best bet is eBay, unless someone on here has a spare. They're fairly plentiful and not too pricey (around the $50 range usually with a few extras). It runs a version of DOS and is a very interesting handheld computer.

atari from terminator 2

what program was being ran in the movie and what all did it totaly do

what program was being ran in the movie and what all did it totaly do

The story is probably findable on the Internet, but if I recall correctly, it was typical hollywood, i.e., it really wasn't accessing the data in the ATM.

As for what it typically did, it did what you think a handheld would do. It ran BASIC, games, transferred files with the right setup, ran applications, etc. It used plug-in cards similar to modern PCMCIA laptop cards for RAM drives, software, etc.

well what it was from what i remember was a code braker like if something was locked u could unlock it with a code and if u needed money from an atm u could get it it would search for a code u inserted the card or swiped the card and it would search for a viable pin number or acess code

well what it was from what i remember was a code braker like if something was locked u could unlock it with a code and if u needed money from an atm u could get it it would search for a code u inserted the card or swiped the card and it would search for a viable pin number or acess code

Yeah, like I said, probably a dummy program. I doubt even if someone wanted to build such a software and interface combination, it could process and interface that quickly either.

I like the quote on the oldcomputers.net link I posted above:

From STart, the Atari magazine, October 1989:
The Portfolio should make Atari millions of dollars and make the Atari name a familiar one in corporate offices around the world."

Illicit uses: Rob an ATM machine (From the movie Terminator 2)

If it really could be used to rob ATM's, Atari indeed could've used it themselves to make millions of dollars (not to mention the buyers) until someone had caught them.

well i dont have a way of getting it though and all i dont have a card to register with ebay and mony is kinda tight since my grandpa passed away last may 2006

Back