• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Atari ST 1040

toro

I've seen an ST 1040 (I think that was the correct model) with monitor for around 20 bucks. Is it worth it, or is it junk ? Also, there didn't seem to be a power supply. What kind of PSU do you need to make them work ?

I don't know much about those. :confused:

I've seen an ST 1040 (I think that was the correct model) with monitor for around 20 bucks. Is it worth it, or is it junk ? Also, there didn't seem to be a power supply. What kind of PSU do you need to make them work ?

I don't know much about those. :confused:

They have the power supply built in to them. They just take a standard AC power code like you'd use on a PC.

There are two different monitors... a color and a black and white one. The color ones start with SC, and the monos are SM. Most games will not play in monochrome since it's a different resolution from color.

The 1040 is a 1MB machine. You had to step up to the Mega 2 or 4 to get more memory. There was also a 520ST which had 512KB and didn't have a built in floppy drive.

I think the 1040 is the most common of all the STs, so it should be the most compatible.

Its gonna be worth it if your gonna use it, if not and its just for a collection buy a dead one so we arent deprived of working systems in the active atari community.

Back