• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

atariage store

I heard the atariage store is not selling any unlicensed titles (after they dump their current inventory). They are being pretty mum on reasons, although they say they have not been threatened with a lawsuit. My guess is they are being purchased, anyone have any thoughts? Hopefully the authors will make their titles available some other way.

I heard the atariage store is not selling any unlicensed titles (after they dump their current inventory). They are being pretty mum on reasons, although they say they have not been threatened with a lawsuit. My guess is they are being purchased, anyone have any thoughts? Hopefully the authors will make their titles available some other way.

Just the store or the whole site? I usually hate to see companies like IB or XenForo take over a site, but in this case it probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

For all the badmouthing the VCS received (which continued even after its release) it's hilarious they now own the site.

I quit visiting a while back and glad I never subscribed. It would be nice to find a similar site that didn't have a nanny constantly locking threads, deleting posts and dropping a ban hammer on users.
I miss the days of alt.atari and rec.games.video.classic

I dislike the hypocrisy of the admin. They had a rule of no posting of politics, which is cool as we get enough of that these days IMHO. Problem is the admins allowed politics such as support the Ukraine, support LGBT , BLM protesters etc. When I confronted them on this , I got told its not politics, its about human rights. Good luck to the company that calls itself Atari for buying that site, as they seem to support many of the same "human rights" anyway it seems like a good fit.

You took the words out of my mouth.
There's one particular guy (we'll just say he has a fascination with a Full House TV show character) who will hop into a great informative thread and somehow manage to start up with far left politics. Instead of deleting his posts and banning him from the thread, Al will let it go on and on and eventually lock the entire thread and leave his posts in place. Now a good topic that initially had nothing to do with religion or politics is dead and his posts are left intact for posterity. Perfect definition of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
I got banned from a thread when I mentioned the messed up priorities over a country like India spending the money to send a spacecraft to the moon. Apparently that upset Al pretty bad. :)

Sounds like they need better mods, or mods who respond to reports of abuse faster.

On another forum there's a place for sales and services, and a technical information only area. Once in awhile someone would try to sell an item in the tech area, and the mods would send them a warning an delete their post. Off topic remarks would also get edited.

AtariAge was acquired by Atari.

Back