• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Awesome Atari 800 conversion

Atari 800

Atari 800

Yes, that is neat, but I would have retrofitted a keyboard that wasn't atari into the case. Though the machine would be better IF he had used all the atari parts (or both win and atari) and have it selectable, heh heh, from mobo to bomo (I have seen it done) it's still neat. I've seen someone put a totally PC system inside a C64, cause it was broken already. But this is a neat thing!!

Nathan

Re: Atari 800

Re: Atari 800

NathanAllan said:
Yes, that is neat, but I would have retrofitted a keyboard that wasn't atari into the case. Though the machine would be better IF he had used all the atari parts (or both win and atari) and have it selectable, heh heh, from mobo to bomo (I have seen it done) it's still neat. I've seen someone put a totally PC system inside a C64, cause it was broken already. But this is a neat thing!!

Nathan

I'm thinking about doing that but I haven't figured out how I'm going to utilize the 800's keyboard. I was thinking of using a keyboard encoder like the IPAC.

I haven't had much luck finding a broken 800 either. I don't want to ruin a perfectly working machine. :)

Back