• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Building a case for a small SBC?

tingo

Veteran Member
Has anyone built their own case for a small single board computer?
As some of you might know, I have just completed the CPU board of my P112 sbc, thnaks to David Griffith's Kickstarter. So while I am waiting on the rest (I've just ordered a GIDE kit and a 4-port LAN kit from TG Consulting), I am thinking about what kind of case / enclosure I am going to put the machine into.

Basically, it will have 2 x 3.5 inch floppy drives and use the GIDE with a IDE-to-CF card adapter and a Compact Flash card for storage, so I am thinking that a case would be wide enough for a 3.5 inch floppy drive, and between 3 and 4 floppy drives in height, with space for a small power supply behind the drives.

Through my local hackerspace, I have access to a CNC milling machine (a ShopBot) and 3D printers. So far I haven't found any good examples (or 3D models) to use as a starting point.
Anyone got clues?

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I'm figuring on just building the case for my Zeta SBC out of wood; it's cheap, forgiving, and requires no advanced tooling. As for examples/models, just build a box with holes cut out where stuff needs to stick through...

Back