• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Texas Bunch of old tech for sale (List pending)

Covers: Texas

Squishybrick

Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
I received a truckload of some old tech that I was to scrap for parts/copper/ect, but some of this stuff seemed very old and potentially valuable, so I figured I'd post it here and see if anyone wants it.
I'm not here to make a buck, so whatever average price I find it on ebay I'll charge up to $100 less down to just half.
This list will expand as I look over my inventory, and next month (Febuary 2023) I will buy some proper packaging material to protect them from the elements and prepare them for potential shipping.
(They're currently all sitting in open cardboard boxes in my car port).
I "do" scrap electronics, so if things go on long enough without anyone taking interest, I may start breaking down some of them, though I will do my best to keep most of them packaged up safely and
give it a while. If some of the things I list aren't really that valuable to keep 'or' sell, I would also appreciate being told what would be safe to just go ahead and scrap.
That being said, if you just need a part from a specific listed device, I can extract it for you, but that would mean scrapping the rest of the device. If certain devices are mostly useless as-is and certain parts
of them are only valuable, let me know as well, so I can take those apart and just sell the specific parts if need be.
I'm new to this whole selling thing, and I hope this fits within the forum guidelines (I did look over the recommended sticky'd post), and will be regularly editing this post to add more entries, and checking in
on it. I'm open to PMs and email, but if you want direct contact with me, I would suggest adding me on discord, where I can provide pictures of the items in question.
LOCATION---------
1204 W. Brown Ave. - Alpine, TX 79830
CONTACT INFO------------
Charles David Brabham (Aka Squishybrick)
Email: Squishybrick@yahoo.com
Discord: Squishybrick#0187
SHIPPING INFO-----------
Ships to: Anywhere
Who pays for shipping: Buyer (Added to asking price)
50% Discount on asking price if picked up directly.
ITEMS-----------------------------------------------------------------
Radioshack TRS 80 Model 4 Microcomputer
Color: Red
Condition: Used
Functionality: Plugs in, turns on, and reads floppies. No missing parts AFAIK.
Seems to have a screen protector mesh add-on applied over (not directly on) the screen, likely with some form of glue.
Some of the keys require additional firm taps to work, though I'm sure an expert could fix that.
Asking Price: $200
(2) Radioshack TRS 80 Model II Disk System
Color: Grey
Functionality: Unknown (Test pending), peripherals unknown
Asking Price: $200 (each)
(2) Radioshack TRS 80 Model II Microcomputer
Asking Price: $200 (each)
Radioshack TRS 80 Model 168 Microcomputer
Color: Tan
Condition: Used. Back-plate seems detached, unsure if broken off or just detached.
Asking Price: $200
Radioshack TRS 80 Expansion Interface
Asking Price: $100
(2) Radioshack TRS 80 Model II Keyboard
Functionality: Unknown (Test pending)
Asking Price: $50 (each)
(2) Radioshack TRS 80 Keyboard
Color: 1 Grey, 1 Tan
Functionality: Unknown (Test pending)
Asking Price: $50 (each)

Last edited:
Reactions: btb
(Was gonna PM this but I didn't see any actual options for that on this site)

I didn't see any contact info on your page (Cool retro page by the way, blast from the past), did you want me to contact you via PM, email, or just here as a post?
Also, which of the keyboards did you want? I can speed up the process to test if they work for you.

Hover over the user id on the left and little window will come up. Click on new direct message. I think you have to have 10? posts before you can send direct messages.

I didn't see any contact info on your page (Cool retro page by the way, blast from the past), did you want me to contact you via PM, email, or just here as a post?
Also, which of the keyboards did you want? I can speed up the process to test if they work for you.
You need to have at least 10 posts before being able to PM other members dude...

You need to have at least 10 posts before being able to PM other members dude...
Which again makes me ask why the marketplace is open to new users and not require a minimum of 10 posts, too. What's the point in being able to post in the marketplace when you can not write PMs? Especially with rule 4 pretty much saying you should use PMs for direct questions to an individual.

Hi,

wperko at http://www.Brainless.org/

Hi,

I think I'd rather see photos posted here in the original posting link. I don't like finding stuff on other sites that just adds to the tracking of who and where I am to sell that info.

One site for sale = same site for photo support. Simple and easy, or send photos to replies (I like very large photos myself ... at least 2K pixels wide).

"would suggest adding me on discord, where I can provide pictures of the items in question.." What is your Discord userid?
.. On my original post, under the big bold section that reads "CONTACT INFO"
I think I'd rather see photos posted here in the original posting link. I don't like finding stuff on other sites that just adds to the tracking of who and where I am to sell that info.

I said in my original post I'd be happy to show pictures of any specific item I'm selling via email or discord. The reason I hesitated to do so here was because I'd have a ton of items, and that many pictures would make the original post quite large, unless I shrank down the photos quite a bit, or perhaps spoilered them.

Also, "wperko at http://www.Brainless.org/" isn't a contact, that's just a link to your website.. I did find an email adress somewhere in there, I guess you are suggesting I use that to contact you?
"You need to have at least 10 posts before being able to PM other members dude..." Well, fortunately for me, though I can't directly send PMs, I can still recieve, and reply to them, so that's a relief. If you need to PM with me, you'll just have to send one first to spark up a dialogue and I can carry on from there to answer any questions or inquiries personally.

Last edited:
Well, I 'was' gonna start adding pictures of said items for sale on my original post, but it seems I am unable to edit my posts.

I guess I can still send pictures via Pms.

.. Wait, then how am I supposed to add or retract entries? I'm just supposed to have all the information up-front at the get-go?
You'd think specifically for a section of the forum where people trade/buy/sell things, that kind of functionality would be rather vital.. But I guess the same could be said for disallowing it.
Well I guess I'll just ask then, what is the suggested path of action to take for modifying one's stated entries in the event something is purchased, no longer for sale, or if details are needed to be added/changed?

.. Wait, then how am I supposed to add or retract entries? I'm just supposed to have all the information up-front at the get-go?
You'd think specifically for a section of the forum where people trade/buy/sell things, that kind of functionality would be rather vital.. But I guess the same could be said for disallowing it.
Well I guess I'll just ask then, what is the suggested path of action to take for modifying one's stated entries in the event something is purchased, no longer for sale, or if details are needed to be added/changed?

Hi,

Most people realize the forum isn't perfect, then just start posting pictures as new messages in the thread. No big deal, we're used to scrolling down and finding photos etc.

Make another post in the thread stating that the item has been sold, is no longer available, something has changed since it was listed, etc.

It's tedious and annoying, but really the only way since posts can't be edited.

Well the thing is, I'm gonna have a few more items that I'm gonna want to add to the main list of items being sold, namely some 8'' disk systems, and some dot matrix printers. If I have to scrap this thread just to make a new one with a clean updated list, that's definitely more of a "forum" problem, and not a "me" problem..
I would hope I don't get any backlash when/if I do that, since due to the "unique" design of this forum, that's kind of my only option, besides just making a mess of entries in the forms of posts. (Unless of course I were given special permission to edit the OP)
There is a LOT of specific information related to trading/buying/selling items, that nobody is going to have all at once unless they were running some kind of full-blown legitimate business. And at that point if they were, they probably wouldn't be using this forum.
I've never seen a forum like this before, where it constantly resets your lines if you don't have a character used as a spacer, and where OP's cannot be edited after a time limit.. But this does seem like an old-fashioned forum, so I'll have to make it work one way or another, and hope I don't step on too many toes.

I really lucked out and found someone willing to come buy/pick up ALL of what I had local, so it's all gone now! I kindly request a moderater close or delete this thread, as I no longer have anything left to sell.
If I ever find any more old tech, I've got a few pals I can directly contact about the handling of them, and they use this site too, so you might occasionally find/see deals passed down from me around here.
I'm happy to have found such ancient and precious tech and to have been able to get it into the deserving hands of enthusiasts who properly appreciate its value and splendor. I'll always do my best to continue respecting historic tech and making sure it goes to the right people, instead of it getting scrapped.
You've been cool people, and I've enjoyed my stay here. Hope you guys get cool stuff in the future!

Back