• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

BYTE, Inc. Backplane Motherboard C61102

tgarnold

Does anyone have any info on this motherboard? It appears to be an S100 with 10 bus ports. Obviously, it originally came in kit form. I've looked through the first 15 or so BYTE magazines and cannot find a reference to it. I'm not positive it is even related to the magazine. I'm trying to find documentation and a schematic or at least some useful information. Apparently, it wasn't very popular since there is no information that I can find about it. 20231117_160102405_iOS.jpg20231117_160118102_iOS.jpg

Hi,

Looks like the power supply is built right on the backplane ... With a manual, it would be easy to reproduce, but that seems a waste of time other than for a display piece.

Does anyone have any info on this motherboard? It appears to be an S100 with 10 bus ports. Obviously, it originally came in kit form. I've looked through the first 15 or so BYTE magazines and cannot find a reference to it. I'm not positive it is even related to the magazine. I'm trying to find documentation and a schematic or at least some useful information. Apparently, it wasn't very popular since there is no information that I can find about it. 

This backplane is from a system called the "Byt-8" manufactured by one of the very early companies in the business called "The Byte Shop". No affiliation with BYTE magazine.

You can find more information about "The Byte Shop" and the system your board came from here:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I have read the articles on deramp and wiki before, but apparently didn't keep it in long term storage. I'll look and see if I have any more documentation or kit parts. Seems like a cool computer kit.

Back