• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

C-64 set w/ monitor, HP 64110A in MN FS/FT

arfink

Experienced Member
I have a few vintage computing items for sale or trade in MN. I am not currently looking at shipping some of them (you'll see why...) but some of them I might be willing to ship.

First of all I have a C-64 with tape drive, floppy drive, and a few working PSUs. I have some manuals and software for it as well as a 300 baud modem and some cartridges. I have tested it, and it *seems* to work with the C-64 monitor I have to hook it up to, but the colors for some reason won't display. The image is B/W. I don't know if this is a problem with the C-64 or the monitor, or perhaps I'm trying to run a PAL unit on an NTSC monitor, I don't really know. I am not an avid C-64 user, and don't know how to debug this problem. Unless you're local and can come to sort through it I'd prefer this to stay in one set. I'd be willing to let the whole set go immediately for $30 plus shipping (or you can pick it up), but if I'm off my rocker here just give me your best offer. I'm not really attached to this, just want to move it along to someone who cares and get enough change to take a few buds out for pizza.

And of course I have the monitor as well, it's a 1084S. I'd be willing to part with it separately from the C-64 set. Shipping will not be cheap, so again I would prefer an MN taker. The monitor is clean and fully functional, with no burn in, and the front control-door is also still in place. Dunno what people would value this at, I'm pretty flexible. Make offers in the thread here so people know what to ask for.

I have a Game Gear that has some blown caps in the high-voltage section, free to whoever comes by to pick it up or has something shipped in a box that still has room.

Lastly, I have an HP 64110A "portable mainframe." Some of you might recall I attempted to sell this here a good while back, but never did wind up selling it. It has sat in my closet for a long while, and I'd like the space for some other new/old toys. :) I am now willing to part it out and throw the chassis away (though it makes me sad), since nobody seems to want the whole set. If you want to know more about the unit, please see my previous post:
http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcf...-FS-FT-HP-64110A-quot-portable-mainframe-quot

That post indicates that one of the logic analyzer boards was sold. It was not actually sold. A gentlemen spoke for it, but the deal never went through, so I still have all the parts for this system. I prefer the probe pods to go with the logic analyzer boards, but I do have some spares and again, I'm completely flexible on this. Just want to make sure someone who wants it can get some.

I am open to trades too. I am more of a Tandy 100/102/200 and Apple IIgs fan, so if you have some gear you'd like to trade I'm happy to do that. I also like video games.

Finally, when I was an 8-year old kid a kindly gentleman gave me a gift of an Apple IIe computer, which was already quite old by that time. I admire that, and so if you are a young kid with no spending money and a desire for an old computer (or know a young kid who'd really like to have an old computer to play with) I would be willing to gift this C-64 set to you, but only for MN residents. Please be honest and don't take this set for yourself if you're not a needy kid. :)

Back