• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

C++ on Mac.

Symantec C++ 7.0 would have been new when the LC II was shipping. The Symantec documentation was very good.

Which Mac compilers have you been used and found the documentation inadequate? It might be that someone could recommend a third party book that fills in the holes in an otherwise good compiler package.

Symantec C++ 7.0 would have been new when the LC II was shipping.

i thought it requred 8 mb RAM, no?

Which Mac compilers have you been used

Well, i'm completely new to Mac programming, never used any Mac compilers or IDEs previously, but if i try googling something like "Symantec C++ manual" i normally end up with no result.

i thought it requred 8 mb RAM, no?.

Oops, I forgot how limited the LC II was compared to the other Macs of the time. You could go with Symantec/Think 6 which can fit into 1 MB but prefers 4MB. Still good manuals. Buggy product though. Otherwise, you are stuck with MPW whose manuals weren't as good. I think CodeWarrior required even more memory.

Well, i'm completely new to Mac programming, never used any Mac compilers or IDEs previously, but if i try googling something like "Symantec C++ manual" i normally end up with no result.
I was thinking paper manuals. I don't have a copy at hand to check the quality of the online help files.

Symantec c++ 6.0 - couldn't run even a simple helloworld. What am I missing?

cgie.jpg

Back