• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can someone explain how to convert Kryoflux .raw to me?

Springbok

Experienced Member
I have a Trackstart 128 card. Problem is the software to use it is copy protected. ldkraemer (member on this board) has a disk. He also know someone that can use Kryoflux to create a .raw image of the disk. As a matter of fact, someone has already posted the .raw files in another thread.

My question is.... how do I convert the .raw images to an actual disk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I took a glance at those images, and the PC part does seem to contain copy protection. The only way to duplicate this disk would be to write the flux image to a floppy disk with a Kryoflux, SuperCard Pro, or perhaps a TransCopy card.

Unfortunately, some of the tracks are formatted for an Apple II and are not index aligned. The Kryoflux can not write tracks that are not index aligned, and I believe the others will not do that either. So the resulting disk image would only function on an IBM machine.

Due to the copy protection, it is not possible to convert the Kryoflux stream files to a lesser image file format such as WinImage (IMG) or ImageDisk (IMD). Attempts to do so would not be usable as it would lack the copy protected parts.

SomeGuy,
SpringBok has it a bit incorrect. I've downloaded the Kryoflux .RAW stream files. My Brother (8 mile away) has a Kryoflux card, and I've
got 5.25 360K & 1.2M Floppy Drives that are good. I can write the Kryoflux .RAW stream files, but I'm not sure it they will function when read.

Problem is I haven't a clue what the Trackstart 128 is or what the floppy is used on to make the card functional. And if there is copy protection,
or if the .RAW files I've downloaded have been hacked such that the written floppy will function properly.

Thanks.

Larry

Boy,

This really seems to be a predicament.

Larry, the trackstart 128 is an 8-bit ISA card that plugs into a 5150/51650 and allows Apple 2 and Apple 2 + software to be used.

I have the card. I am 99% sure it works. I just can't find the darn software for it.

Springbok,
Well, send me 3 floppy's, and when you get them back you will know. It's just a matter of Postage now.

Larry

Back