• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can someone help with identify this board's manufacturer?

mikoto0931

IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg
Working.jpg

I bought it from eBay few weeks ago.
Fortunately, it works. But I don't now manufacture company's name.
So, can someone help with identify this board's manufacturer?
486-VEV, B82L21-A/'93.

FIC (first international computer).

This is the only EISA board I've seen with a VIA chipset. You should play with it and run speedsys on it so we can see what it's like.

Since the jumper settings are already silkscreened onto the board, tracking down a manual won't be of much use. However, to use EISA cards you will need the CFG file. If we can find the CFG file for another EISA board with EISA chipset it can be modified for your board.

I suggest running EISACFG to get the ID to track down the file you need.\

*edit*

Just found what you need:
http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/archive/Fic/bios/motherboards/utilities/

Last edited:
You can thank me by benchmarking the board :D

I'm curious about this particular chipset, because I think it was one of the first VIA chipsets. Symphony and VIA are somehow related. I think the lead designer worked for both, or VIA may have bought out Symphony. In anycase, I suspect that this is really just the Symphony EISA chipset rebadged. My Symphony ISA 486 gets incredible memory performance, so I have hopes for this one too.

ISA board with Symphony chipset... (blog.naver.com/kiki1998/120202353244)This computer has Symphomy chipset and 486 processor, but there's no ISA slot. (hidden... I think...)

Could you tell me what software should I use to benchmark the board?

I'd go with speedsys. Not necessarily because it's the best, but because most people seem to be using it which makes comparisons easier. I am particularly interested in the memory graph.

Thanks again!

I already have the other parts for a complete system, but I don't have enough time to assemble.
So, I'll post result later. Please wait for me.

Back