• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CC-40 Memory Modules & AC9021 Adapter Required

mutantcamel

Experienced Member
Come on people, someone, somewhere must have some of these, either the 8K or 16K cartridges knocking about.

Have a look in your basement, cellar, loft or garden shed and let me know if you have one for sale or more and if you are willing to sell one or more to myself.

Also I need an adapter model AC9201, 120V, 6.0V/300ma Dc adapter which apparently is the same for calculators TI-5010,5024,5029 & Viewscreen. Let me know if you have a spare one lying around doing nothing but gathering dust and if the price is right...one of these little beauties could be mine very very soon. I am aware of texintreasures or whatever they're called sells the adapter, but I am looking for a cheaper one.

I live in the UK but don't let that put you off. We have computers and electricity here too!

Thank you.

I've been looking for the memory modules as well. They don't come up all that often. I have the AC adapter, but I need it for my CC-40. I just turned up a Printer 80 last week off of Ebay--so interesting CC-40 items do show up once in a while (and this one sold for .99 plus 13.95 shipping, so it really was a bargain). One of the CC-40s that recently sold there also had the adapter.

The CC-40 peripherals will also work with a TI-99/4A if you have the Hex-Bus adapter for it and they'll also work with a TI-99/8 (I'll have to test the printer with mine later this week, as I haven't tested the functionality of the Hex-Bus connector on my 99/8 yet).

I'm glad you got a bargain. I haven't the space or need for a printer and I don't own an hexbus either......

Yes those modules are rarer than dodo poo. I'm sure some collector has acquired them all and is getting a lot of use out of them as I speak. Collecting dust.

Ebay is sadly my best bet, I'm only after one of the things........

Actually, if you have a CC-40, you have a Hex-Bus. It is that rectangular 8-pin connector that doesn't seem to have any real purpose. You can get several different peripherals that daisy-chain off of it: a modem (somewhat common), an RS-232 (somewhat common), a four-color printer-plotter (somewhat common), the Printer 80 (uncommon), a 5.25" floppy (rare, prototypes only), a wafertape drive (rare, prototypes only), and a third-party peripheral from Mechatronics called a quickdisk (uncommon to rare). Other things were planned but never came to fruition.

Oh right, so this Quickdisk, is it a proper disk drive to solve the storage problem? I bet they go for quite a bit. I nearly got one of those printer plotters a while ago wish I had, they look well cool......

I know you can modify the TI PC Interface Cable to work on the CC-40, but the prices on Ebay seem very expensive....

Shame they didn't release the CC40+ with the cassette input.....

BLOODY TI!!!

Actually, you can probably get Michael Becker of the System99 User group in Mannheim Germany to make you the PCIF cable for it. He also has made clones of the 5.25 Hex-Bus floppy drive for a reasonable fee (200-300 Euros, if I remember correctly). here's their website:

http://home.arcor.de/system-ninety-nine-user-group/index.htm

The Hex-Bus stuff isn't listed, but Michael has made them as one-offs in the past.

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc/cc40.htm

http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc/hexflop.htm

Actually, the PCIF isn't too difficult to build if you're fairly handy with a soldering gun. I have a diagram on my webpage if you're interested. http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc/PC_Interface.jpg

The PCIF software can be had with not too much trouble. I've also posted a newer version developed by Peter Engels. http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc/tiif.zip

Had a Quickdisk once upon a time. It worked okay, but the 3" diskettes were a bear to find.

Printer/plotter is nice, but the pens are getting extremely difficult to find. Best bet is the RS-232/parallel interface with the parallel interface cable installed. Mike at Tex*In Treasures usually has them. He also has the 9201 adapters. http://texintreasures.com/

Hope this helps!

Curtis

Oh right, so this Quickdisk, is it a proper disk drive to solve the storage problem? I bet they go for quite a bit. I nearly got one of those printer plotters a while ago wish I had, they look well cool......

I know you can modify the TI PC Interface Cable to work on the CC-40, but the prices on Ebay seem very expensive....

Shame they didn't release the CC40+ with the cassette input.....

BLOODY TI!!!

Curtis, you might want to look on the TI FTP site at whtech.com. I've put a lot of Hex-Bus documentation up there in the Hex-Bus and 99/8 folders, including the complete manual for the floppy drive.

The 34-pin connector was for the secondary drive, not to connect to the 99/8. That used the Hex-Bus connector.

Very familiar with whtech!

However, I looked and couldn't find anything on the 99/8 nor the documentation for the floppy drive.

Curtis

Curtis, you might want to look on the TI FTP site at whtech.com. I've put a lot of Hex-Bus documentation up there in the Hex-Bus and 99/8 folders, including the complete manual for the floppy drive.

The 34-pin connector was for the secondary drive, not to connect to the 99/8. That used the Hex-Bus connector.

here's the manual.

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/datasheets & m...xbus Drive-Controller (Model 5102) Manual.pdf

look around this directory and one directory higher--you will find lots of interesting things, Curtis.

Got it. Actually, digging around in my stuff, I found I've already got it. May have to tinker around with adding a second drive to the controller I've got. I figure a Commodore drive case would work perfectly. Or I could try and find a semi-matching case for the drive I've got and go from there.

Well I haven't got that sort of money at the moment, I'm no good with a soldering iron, so I'll probably end up buying a TI-74 instead!

Back