• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Midwest Cleaning house, request advice

Covers: North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Minesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio
Sorry to hear about your troubles and my best to you and your wife. I am in the Cleveland area myself. I am at the point in vintage computer collecting where space is more of a premium and I'm more focused on getting the most utility out of the computers I have rather than acquiring more. Having said that there is a co-worker of mine that has been trying to hunt down a monitor for his Atari ST. I've been trying to help him find a LCD monitor which will support the ST's sync rate but he has told me he would prefer an original ST monitor if he could get one.

Do you have one of those?

Hi, I kind of know what you're going through ... a friend of mine is doing the same thing, several people here in the low-income senior apartments I live in have had to move to nursing homes for more personal care. Myself, the last ten years I've been working to improve my own health, losing over 100lbs., switching to eating more fresh frozen vegetables more than meat, taking walks, getting a little more sunshine etc. Everybody here thinks I'm getting younger, but it's just working towards a more healthy lifestyle.

Now I'm taking time out to learn and experience more of the 1975 to 1990s computers, OSes, games etc.

Also, creating another place to share: http://www.brainless.org/Altair/

I found an agent who, for a percentage, will catalog and sell the items, probably through eBay.

As a result, I am terminating this thread.

-CH-
aw man! Is this set in stone? I was literally thinking about moving to cleveland specifically to do this. any room for extra help? ive been talking to a girl in ohio since 2015 that wants to marry me lol, and it seems rather serendipitous the the this falls for the occasion. i currently run an amazon, ebay, and shopify store, as well as facebook marketplace and instagram. whatever percentage your agent is taking, ill beat it. or we could work together. please allow me the opportunity to work for you good sir, i feel i could give your collection the proper love and respect it deserves. what one man sees as trash, another finds treasure. I am knowledgeable about vintage electronics, and i regularly refurbish and renew what i can. i soft launched on instagram @rajkeymari I intend to build a brand on rehoming these beautiful machines. please get in touch with me, normally this would be a DM, but times are a changin, so heres my contact info

rajkeymari@k1kart.com
@rajkeymari

lets get in touch

Back