• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

CoCo Disto FDC with HDC, RS232, Printer and RTC recreation?

Wow that's a lot of components! I don't think the CoCo 3 itself has that many discrete logic elements nor takes up anywhere near 15 pages of circuit diagrams. Though to be fair it has most of its magic inside a small number of LSI parts. But getting back to a possible repro, that would be very welcome. A lot of the logic could be incorporated into an FPGA so it's not costly to produce.

Tony put errors in his schematics. So... there be dragons. Plus copyright infringement. :)

If you really want a project, start with this one: http://www.sardis-technologies.com/coco/dmc/dmc.htm
All Disto peripherals, including their schematics, have not been sold commercially since about 1990. Also, I am not sure that you can copyright a schematic, in terms of preventing people from building it. You can copyright the actual PCB layout and text etc, but only the schematic as far as printing or publishing exact copies of an original drawing goes. I also do not see a copyright message on the pcb. As for dragons, the 4 in 1 option board is fairly basic and will be easy to fault find. See attached photo I found on facebook. Not trying to do the wrong thing here, there are now reproductions of many boards, for the CoCo and many other systems, e.g. the Apple 1 motherboard and the Fergusson Big Board, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_3038.jpeg
    IMG_3038.jpeg
    663.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3039.jpeg
    IMG_3039.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Wow that's a lot of components! I don't think the CoCo 3 itself has that many discrete logic elements nor takes up anywhere near 15 pages of circuit diagrams. Though to be fair it has most of its magic inside a small number of LSI parts. But getting back to a possible repro, that would be very welcome. A lot of the logic could be incorporated into an FPGA so it's not costly to produce.
I am only interested in PDF page 7 i.e. RTC, RS232 and Printer….for now i.e. not many parts at all.

Back