• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Color Computer 2 kit????

deathshadow

Veteran Member
I saw that same listing a few months ago and my brain went "something is fishy" as to my knowledge it was never offered as a kit...

Kit or not, the price is noodle-doodle for a coco2 with nothing else.

angel_grig

Experienced Member
That also was my thought...maybe someone made this now to get some extra ca$h or he picked up the parts from the factory when the coco was made...anyway it still looks too original :confused:

deathshadow

Veteran Member
That also was my thought...maybe someone made this now to get some extra ca$h or he picked up the parts from the factory when the coco was made...anyway it still looks too original :confused:
That or they baked the board so everything fell out...

barythrin

Veteran Member
That's quite interesting. Also never heard of a coco kit although those sellers certainly come across a lot of vintage gear too. I wouldn't think it'd be in that box though as a kit but I could be wrong. Anyone have a product number or reference to coco kits? I was defeated by the first page of google results.

barythrin

Veteran Member
Honestly, dunno about the price but seeing that not too many of us have ever seen one I wouldn't consider the price to be too outrageous.

Druid6900

Veteran Member
That's quite interesting. Also never heard of a coco kit although those sellers certainly come across a lot of vintage gear too. I wouldn't think it'd be in that box though as a kit but I could be wrong. Anyone have a product number or reference to coco kits? I was defeated by the first page of google results.

That's exactly what it was. They used to be offered through those mail-order "electronic technician" courses where you would pay a fortune for the privilege of building your own computer and acquiring a "diploma" which wasn't worth the paper it was printed on in the real world.

Tandy got into it for a couple of years with the CoCo and allowed the students to annoy the local Computer Repair Depot when they screwed something up. They even supplied a 20% discount card for parts and service. Not a time which I remember fondly.

dabone

Veteran Member
Speaking of coco's I was able to pickup from an older collector his coco collection tonight.
2 Disk drives, a coco3 and a coco2.

They had storm damage (exposed to weather and mud for a while), but I've managed to get the drives working and the coco2 is up. The 3 had some really blown caps, that I'll pick up replacements for tomorrow.

Later,
dabone