• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Commodore 1541 drives (C64) FS

arfink

Experienced Member
I have a pair of Commodore 1541 drives. These are the older and larger drives and are quite heavy. One is in it's original box with manuals, cables, and styrofoam all intact. The other has no box, but does have a manual and cables as well. Both have been tested to work and will read floppies, but will probably need some cleaning and adjusting to work very reliably, as with any used vintage disk drive.

I am initially asking $20 for the unboxed 1541 and $30 for the boxed 1541. I can post pictures in the thread upon request. Buyer will also pay shipping. I still need to find a suitable shipping container for the boxed 1541, so I cannot give a shipping estimate for that one yet, but the unboxed one *ought* to fit into a USPS large flat rate box, which ships for around $15.

EDIT: as it turns out, the 1541 will not fit into a USPS large flat rate box. :( So I guess shipping cost is unknown at this time, though I will be searching for boxes so I can find out. Oh, and if you'd like to do a local pickup I am in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota and you won't have to deal with shipping at all.

Last edited:
Back